2.13.2007

Miracle in the West Family...

This is Braeden, my 18 months old Nephew. He was playing in the backyard of my parents home this morning. My sister Alyssa looked at the pool gate when she put him in the back yard and thought it was closed. My parents are having some brick work done in the back yard and apparently one of the workers went into the pool area to retrieve a tool but did not close the pool gate all the way when he came out. Braeden and our two Beagles pushed the gate open. My mom and Alyssa were sitting at the kitchen table. My mom felt impressed to tell Alyssa to look out on Braeden again. Alyssa found him face down in the pool, unconscious and dove in after him. She handed him to my mom. My mom administered CPR. Braeden awoke, threw up a lot of water and cried. The paramedics came very quickly and Braeden was taken to Desert Samaritan Hospital. I just came from the hospital where I found Braeden wide-eyed, alert and very pink skinned. I went up to his face and told him I loved him, and groggily he said "Hi", in his sweet baby Braeden voice. He seems to be doing fine. The doctors are holding him there for observation. We feel very fortunate and very blessed. The Lord's hand is in everything that we do. Please pray for Braeden's quick recovery. Thank you...

3 comments:

IronLawGirl said...

I can't believe that! How scary, but also how safe you feel knowing that you can have the Holy Ghost as your constant companion! I'm so glad he's doing well!

Anonymous said...

Wow, amazing! What a miracle from above and a blessing! Heavenly Father is no doubt, watching over us so carefully. Love you Jen.

Anonymous said...

Oh, he is so cute! In that outfit he reminds me of the scarecrow from wizard of Oz! Such a cutie pie! :)