Prophet, Seer and Revelator...
We had such a fantastic weekend. Elder Russell M. Nelson of the Twelve Apostles visited our Stake for it's 125th year Stake Conference. What a wonderful man and friend he is! It was such a blessing to be taught by him, and to hear the literal words of a prophet of God. I was so impressed by his desire to know the stake, and to create a relationship of trust and devotion within each of us. He was very specific in asking us to be better at attending the temple, and allowing the others who have passed on before us to be able to progress as we do temple work. On Sunday he spoke to the youth, and he spoke to the parents about raising good Young Men and Young Women. He shared with us a scripture that should be the moral of our homes and our parenting: Isaiah 54:13"And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children."
One of the most poignant things that stayed with me was his desire for us to read the scriptures and pray as families. He shared a personal experience with us when he was a young father, working at the hospital. He would often come home late at night, and wake up all the kids (much to the distress of his wife) to read the scriptures to them, so that they would always have their father's voice with them. I couldn't help but be overcome with emotion as I then heard my own father's voice reading with love and conviction the scriptures to me. What a blessing. I am so grateful for the spiritual instruction that we received this weekend!
Emery and I truly have been fed.
1 comment:
How awesome! I'll bet the building was just packed! That's how it was for my sister's steak, they had Eldrer Perry. So special!
Post a Comment