3.22.2007

Two fold post...

#1: We successfully taught the 16-18 year old youth about dating etiquette and appropriate touching!!! It actually went really well. The first class was silent. We could hardly get a peep out of them, but the other two classes were great. We had fun with them, and basically talked about why temptations are there when we are dating, what we can do to avoid them, and what we need to do if we fall. These kids have been taught what is inappropriate touching, and they know what they need to do if they fall. It never hurts to re-emphasize the importance. We had a ton more fun with the dating etiquette. We did a mock "pick up your date" situation. It was hilarious. Emery was to be addressed as "Yes, Drill Sargent"... you can see where that went. We talked about respecting your date, and her family. Emery hit it home when he talked about dating being the best preparation for marriage. So it went well. I am grateful to be able to work with the youth. It's a good preparation for the 11 year old that is soon to turn into one of these youth. There is a light in these kids eyes, when they are doing what is right. I love it.

#2:On another note... I am going to start a new game for you all. The game is called:

"What is playing in my buds right now"
I will give you one line of a song, and see if you can get the song. The first person to guess
I will post a special blog about why I love you and your blogging skills, or if I don't know you well, I will just make up a really good story about why I love you, and why you are my best friend the Friday following. I know you all want a spot on our blog. Who wouldn't, right?!

So. To begin the game here is your hint and song lyric:

Hint: 90's band all the way. I cant count how many times
I have memorized these songs...


"...Mr. Jones starts up a conversation, with a black haired flamenco dancer..."

5 comments:

Layton Mom said...

Mambo #5???

Layton Clan said...

Sorry darling, but no.

Jennifer said...

Ahem. I will now win the contest.

"Mr. Jones" by Counting Crows

Yaaaay me! I get a spot on the Layton blog!!! (I'll be expecting greatness...)

Jennifer said...

But wait, one more thing. Teen Elect was for ALL the youth?? Now that's funny. And makes more sense. Back in my day, Teen Elect was only for the 12 and 13 year-olds, and I was thinking 'why on earth would they want to teach something as graphic as inappropriate touching to 12 year-olds??' Now I see...

Layton Clan said...

Don't worry. It will be fantastic.