Warning: Long, but all about Jen Wa.
As the winner of yesterday's "What's playing in my Buds" contest, I give you... Jennifer Lynn.
Let's see. I'll start from the very beginning, which is a very good place to start.
Jen and I have been a friend item for a good 19 going on 20 years now. That's a long time.
We met in the 42nd ward when I was a new move in from Utah.
We both had blonde hair, our names were Jen and our last names started with a W.
We had so many reasons to be friends.
Jen Badg. Top row, three in from Left
Jen Layt. Third row, three in from right
Our neighborhood was Fraser Drive. It was overflowing with adventure.
Jen and I sang "The Baptism Song" at Crystal W's baptism. I sang alto.
I used to envy Jen, because she had totally cool (semi-mean) older brothers,
and a way cool older sister who would sometimes baby sit us.
She is the youngest. I am the oldest.
I have come to find out that she was jealous of my pink cast.
She was there when I broke my arm.
I am sure she comforted me, as that is her nature.
We used to run away from Shelly, and go swimming at Kino.

Our neighborhood was Fraser Drive. It was overflowing with adventure.
Jen and I sang "The Baptism Song" at Crystal W's baptism. I sang alto.
I used to envy Jen, because she had totally cool (semi-mean) older brothers,
and a way cool older sister who would sometimes baby sit us.
She is the youngest. I am the oldest.
I have come to find out that she was jealous of my pink cast.
She was there when I broke my arm.
I am sure she comforted me, as that is her nature.
We used to run away from Shelly, and go swimming at Kino.
Jen Badg. end on Right
Jen Layt. end on Left
(Check out the 80's clothes, and the monster bangs
in the left of the picture.)
Our hair would be green by the end of the summer, because it was Blonde.
Jen had an ez-bake machine, and a snow cone/ice cream machine.
I thought that was awesome.
Once I got 'bouncing babies' for my birthday, we played for hours and days.
Skateland was a place we visited often. She had stinkin' sweet technique.
Jen and I reunited at Westwood where we became Jen We and Jen Wa.

Jen had an ez-bake machine, and a snow cone/ice cream machine.
I thought that was awesome.
Once I got 'bouncing babies' for my birthday, we played for hours and days.
Skateland was a place we visited often. She had stinkin' sweet technique.
Jen and I reunited at Westwood where we became Jen We and Jen Wa.
There were times when we were inseparable.
I don't think my parents saw me all summer long,
as I was at Jen's being mothered by Judy.
We shopped at Aeropostale to buy jeans.
We ate often at Taco Bell, late at night.
Wendy's nuggets and frosty's were a staple.
We would spend hours curling our hair, because we had
'natural wave' and loads of hair spray.
We bought the VHS's to Titanic as soon as it came out,
and knew all the words to Celine Dion's "My Heart Will Go On"
We loved the Dixie Chicks, and wanted to be them.
(They are in my Ipod too)
Faith and Shania were our home girls.

I don't think my parents saw me all summer long,
as I was at Jen's being mothered by Judy.
We shopped at Aeropostale to buy jeans.
We ate often at Taco Bell, late at night.
Wendy's nuggets and frosty's were a staple.
We would spend hours curling our hair, because we had
'natural wave' and loads of hair spray.
We bought the VHS's to Titanic as soon as it came out,
and knew all the words to Celine Dion's "My Heart Will Go On"
We loved the Dixie Chicks, and wanted to be them.
(They are in my Ipod too)
Faith and Shania were our home girls.
Jen Badg. Loves Mascara.
Jen Badg. has to plan the 10 year reunion for high school.
Jen Badg. Loves her Boys Mikey-B, Gordon and Mason.
Jen Badg. Loves snow and cold, and wants to stay in Utah forever.
(okay, the last one was a lie)
Long live Heaven's yogurt (although it's already gone) and
the pretzels and cheese they had there,
and long live cheap orange and blue Spirit Juice that made us a
load of money at the Student Council garage sales.

Jen Badg. has to plan the 10 year reunion for high school.
Jen Badg. Loves her Boys Mikey-B, Gordon and Mason.
Jen Badg. Loves snow and cold, and wants to stay in Utah forever.
(okay, the last one was a lie)
Long live Heaven's yogurt (although it's already gone) and
the pretzels and cheese they had there,
and long live cheap orange and blue Spirit Juice that made us a
load of money at the Student Council garage sales.
We've made it through good and not so good,
and I think that is quite the accomplishment. Hooray for us.
The End. Much love Jen Wa.
Jen We
and I think that is quite the accomplishment. Hooray for us.
The End. Much love Jen Wa.
Jen We
4 comments:
Wow. So much to comment on. First of all, where on earth did you get that picture of us in the music room, and what are we doing? And second...I'm actually pretty certain I didn't comfort you when you broke your arm. I freaked out and ran and got your dad. :) And Shelly, oh Shelly. The humor. And as if! How could I have forgotten about the perms?? That was ridiculous!
Anyway, thank you for the embarrassingly long post all about me... So so so very funny.
-Jennifer
*P.S. I still have your "half" of Titanic. We'll have to get together and decide who gets the good video and who gets the one where everyone is dying. :)
I don't know what we are doing, but we sure are taking a bow. I just thought the clothes and bangs would be the coolest to post.
Oh, and don't worry. I inherited a whole Titanic set when I got married.
All about you. Yes, I had fun last night looking through thousands of pictures. Good times.
i think my favorite part is the girl with the two different shoes. when i was in like sixth grade i would wear a bright colored t-shirt, black spandex shorts, two pairs of socks one black the other the color of my shir and some canvas "tennies" the best part though was how i would wearmy socks on one foot the black one would go first and on the other the colored one would go first. man i was stylin
SOOOOOOOO funny! I love it! You girls are so silly!
Post a Comment