You look so sharp, and professional...
I went to lunch with my mom, sister and the babies at one of our Fav's, Applebees. I was there first, so I promptly got a table, and sat down. When the fam got there, I went out to help get all the babies in, and all the sudden a short, (well, I am 5'8, so anything below 5'4 is short to me, no offense all you cute petite girls) energetic, heavily make-up'd cute lady corralled me and said, "You look so sharp and professional, what do you do?" I (with child in arms, and family behind being corralled also) promptly answered "Accounting" and she said, "okay, okay, you need my card; skin and bone structure like that, you need my card." My sister is laughing at this point, as she and I knew immediately what card it would be, and what she would ask me. She followed me to the table and announced, "My name is Kimberly, and I am a *Mary Kay rep. Do you have a Mary Kay rep?" I proceeded to tell her that I wasn't interested, and she then asked me "Where do you buy your makeup, MAC, Clinique?" I answered, "Anywhere that they sell 'Wet n' Wild' for a dollar." She smiled, handed out little samples and left. Nice, 'Wet n' Wild, you saved the day!
6 comments:
I am totally offended! I am a Mary Kay consultant and I think that approach strategy is a great one!
You don't know me...I'm a lurker and I think I got your blog from Kristy Glasses.
I was at the supermarket and a Mary Kay rep and her trainee approached me.
She complemented me on my perfect skin, (though I think she missed the old zit right under my nose) and tried to interest me in a facial. I said I already had a rep....well she use to sell Mary Kay so it wasn't a complete lie, and then she said no wonder you have such perfect skin. (I haven't used my Mary Kay makeup in a while, and I've never used the facial wash or lotions...to expensive for me washes.)
Sweet Jen??? You corrale people in like cattle to discuss their makeup choices in the middle of a restraunt? I don't even think missionary work is that bold!!! You best not be offended girl. I put an offense disclaimer in the post! I guess I'll buy lip gloss from you, only because I love you, (and I liked the sample she gave me yesterday. Nude is so in, I guess...)and I KNOW you wouldn't corrale. It's just not like you.
Lacey! Thanks for the comment in regards to Anti-Corraling. Feel free to lurk all you want. That's one of the best parts of blogging! I'll be checking your blog out also. Fun, how do you know Mrs. Glass??? love her.
Ok ok, I am not a Mary Kay consultant. In fact, I am constantly abused by them. Constantly. It's too bad, because I probably would like the products, except that one too many crazy women have harassed me about Mary Kay!!! (So I appreciated your story.)
Oh Jen Wa (Ba). I should have called you on it. I had a gut feeling that you wanted nothing to do with Mary Kay.
It's funny how we all have crazy Mary Kay lady stories! That is exactly why I have chosen to remain active just for the 50% discount. I am nice enough to share with friends and family though. So anything that you or anyone you know ever needs just let me know. I appreciated your disclaimer at the end. :)
Post a Comment