The summer craze...
I'll be honest. Brutally honest. I love the Arizona summers.I love the heat. The smell of Chlorine and sunscreen are entrancing. Otter pops bring me great joy, as does hearing excited shrieks from the pool from kids having a great time.
It's coming. And I love that.
Today the fact that summer is coming became real for me. No, I didn't pull out that itsy teenie yellow polka dot bikini (that you'll never catch me wearing), I signed my 11 year old up for his summer activities through the City of Mesa. Now, you might ask, "Why all the hype?"
I'll tell you why.
It's coming. And I love that.
Today the fact that summer is coming became real for me. No, I didn't pull out that itsy teenie yellow polka dot bikini (that you'll never catch me wearing), I signed my 11 year old up for his summer activities through the City of Mesa. Now, you might ask, "Why all the hype?"
I'll tell you why.
Every April 27th hundreds of mom's sit by the computer at 11:57pm waiting for the clock to turn to 12:00 am. Tic toc, tic toc, tic toc... booklets in hand, highlighted and marked we practice our 10-key preparing for the intense ride we are about to take. We each individually say a little prayer that our kid will get in to the class of our choice, and that no bumps will occur as our fingers fly in a mad dash for summer activity solace. It's intense. It's scary.
It's called 'The Summer Craze'.
Thanks to this mom's lightning fast phalanges,
my pre-teen has a summer full of fantastic fun.
Whew, glad that's over.
No comments:
Post a Comment