That's just what they do in India...
This may be a bit of a controversial subject as it is about our furry friends, but I do have to share as it seems a bit extreme. I am not saying I have not shed my share of tears over a pet, but suicide?
HYDERABAD, India -
Unable to come to terms with the death of their pet dog, an elderly couple in southern India committed suicide by hanging themselves, police said Monday. The bodies of 67-year-old retired soldier C.N. Madanraj and his wife, Tarabai, 63, were found Sunday in their home in a suburb of Hyderabad. Police said the couple held a burial ceremony for their dog of 13 years, called "Puppy," and hosted a feast for friends before hanging themselves in their bedroom. "The couple described the grief over their pet dog in the suicide note they left" said police inspector V. Anantaiah. Copyright 2007 Reuters Limited.
Does anyone have any extreme pet stories? I do!!!
When I worked as a loan officer for DSFCU, I helped a man who wanted to leave all of his assets to his bird. He had created a birth certificate for the bird, and mock Social Security card, and had a Licence with the birds picture on it. He had thousands of dollars to his name, but his only beneficiary was to be his bird, Sam. I probably spent 2 good hours debating the fact that his assets would go into probate, and then be given to the state if he didn't designate a beneficiary other than the bird, so we settled on giving it all to charity (the AZ Humane Society), in the name of Sam the Bird. In light of the story above, I hope this man gets his wish and goes before the bird...
3 comments:
oh wow! Stories like that seriously astonish me! I mean Im with you Jen...shed some tears over a lifelong family dog but really...birth certificate and social security card for a bird? No...say it aint so!
Why is it that everything I hear about India is insane?
Sweet Bethany.
The answer to your question is this: because there is trial and opposition in all things, and bottom line, you are moving to a place with some crazies. Just make sure you don't get attached to any dogs over there, as they seem especially special.
Post a Comment