
I thought it most appropriate to end this mother's day week with a tribute to my sweet mother. My mom is who I admire most, and who aspire to be. She is guileless, tender and yet strong and faithful. My mom is hilarious, and will have you laughing in no time. My mom has been a wife of a wonderful man who has given years to callings in the church that have taken him away from home quite a bit. My mom has never wavered, but has been the support and foundation that my dad has needed. My mom has raised 5 children, and her youngest is graduating high school this year. My mom is a proud "Grammy cracker" to three beautiful
grandkids. My mom is a world traveler, and would be on a plane in a heartbeat if she could. She worked at America west for a couple years, JUST TO GET THE FLIGHT BENEFITS! It was such an adventure, and she helped instill the love I have for travel in me. Mom is extremely intelligent, and graduated from
BYU in social work. Mom has a voice like an angel, and one of my favorite memories is seeing she and my dad sing "Who Could Send a Baby" at Christmas time. My mom is my very best friend. If she weren't my mom, we would by sisters, and we are sisters. I have always felt that my mom was much more my friend and confidant than my mother. My mom has been there through all the good times, and through all the hard times. My mom was my missionary companion for the last week of my mission. She though we ate disgusting (we ate a lot of rice, and peanut butter. I also make this special dish called mission slop... ) She wanted to take my companion and I out to lunch on our preparation day, and when she asked what we wanted, we told her we wanted to eat at Costco. She still laughs at that. My mom slept in my hospital room with me when I had my brain tumor, many a night. She went to every radiation treatment I had, and encouraged me to push on. I owe her my life, and my work ethic. She is my hero, and I wish her the
most wonderful of mother's days.
1 comment:
Your mom is beautiful! That was such a lovely post. Seems you have a lot of stories to tell too. You're lucky to have a mom like that.
How cool is that... we both have our youngest sibling graduating this year!
Post a Comment