Slow down...
Sometimes life goes way to fast. When I am busy (like I am today), and consumed with being 'rushed' this songs pops into my head (my dad used to play this on his guitar and sing it to us):
"Slow down, you move too fast. You got to make the mornin' last. Just kickin' down the cobblestones, Lookin' for fun and feelin' groovy. feelin' groovy.
Hello, lamppost, whatcha knowin'? I come to watch your flowers growin'. Ain'tcha got no rhymes for me? feelin' groovy. feelin' groovy.
I got no deeds to do, no promises to keep. I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep, Let the morningtime drop all it's petals on me. Life, I love you, all is groovy!"
(Simon and Garfunkel: the 59th street bridge song)
Which brings me to one of the most touching video's I have ever seen. I watched it with my young women, and they were so touched. Thank you Steven for sending it to me today, so that I could be reminded to slow down and be grateful for what I have!
2 comments:
Love that video. I read an article about them a while back, so it was cool to see the video. And yes, a few tears were shed.
Hey Jen! I am SO glad you found my blog!!! (Which I am in the middle of chaning...I can't decide how I want it to look...did you notice all the random colors tonight- because I had to leave in the middle of it!?) Anyway- I was just thinking about you the other day- just a couple days ago I said to someone I wonder how Jen is...then I get a message from you- CRAZY!! I totall miss you! You're so fun!! We need to get together one of these days!!!
Post a Comment