Camping, in the woods...
We are about to leave for a weekend of fun with the Layton crazies and other's for a family reunion. This would be all great and good if we were staying in beach houses in San Diego, but alas, we are staying in tents in some barren forestland outside of Flagstaff. (I won't complain, I won't complain) There are a few good things I can say about camping. Here they are:1. When you get home and shower, you feel so much gratitude
2. Spending time with family and friends is always good (especially Mrs. Mavity)
3. Fortunately my Aunt Rhonda (the coolest) lives about 10 min from the camping spot... just in case, you know.
4. Ummmmmmmmmmm...
5. That's it. No more. Done.
Alright, well. We'll see you Monday. Have fun sleeping in your beds,
and showering, because well, I won't be...
11 comments:
Have fun! I wish we could be there. You will have to tell everyone hi for us! As much fun as camping is I too like to sleep in my own comfy bed and take a shower daily! :)
I especially like number 5. That one is funny! I am sorry I won't be able to be there, due to Arins being prego and all... But, I do think a visit is in order sometime! Not sure quite when. Have SO much fun. I haven't been to one of those since I was 16 or 17. I love them! (and they do have showers with the sky and trees all around. it's kinda fun!) ENJOY! and punch that brother of mine for me. Love you.
Have fun Jen! My idea of camping is a resort on the beach. However, I used to camp all time, especially before I moved here, because I love to mountain bike.
However, hanging out with fun family out-weighs the bad in camping... well.... maybe.
I was looking on my mom's calendar the other day and I saw it said Layton Family Reunion and I wondered if it had any relation to you...and it does...small world! My mom keeps track of who is going up to the "Ranch"--which is where you guys are having your reunion. My great grandpa built it and then my grandpa bought it when he died, so I have been going up there since I was basically born. Though we sleep indoors (although even inside is not a far stretch from camping...it is pretty rustic--you'll see what I mean when you see it, but we still love it)! We might be going up there next week for the 4th...I haven't decided yet- David can't go, but I might take the kids, because Powell loves it and it is a little cooler than here! I also had to laugh at your post because we have a family reunion next month in ....SAN DIEGO!!
Im so glad to know that I am NOT the only girl who does NOT NOT NOT like camping!!! Its too much work and seriously do people really call it a vacation?!?!?! I am with you on San Diego and beach houses.....now thats a vacay! Just keep that shower at home in view and the time will fly!
That is the FUNNIEST picture I have every seen! I'm totally with you on this one. I hate camping. with a passion. Good Luck.
Good luck. Just remember to live in the moment and don't think about how filthy and disgusting you are. That's why God invented bandanas - to cover nasty, greasy hair. At least you are getting away from this heat!!!
Have fun! :-)
We have yet to take our 4 children camping. This is the year we do it. I know they are thinking that they are missing out on something. I know just what that that they are missing out on...a crazed mom who goes psycho because she has to go without modern conveiniences for the sake of "having fun"!
Jen, I just wanted you to know that I awarded you with a cool blog award. Head on over and check it out.
I feel your pain!! I HATE camping & all that it entails!!
I love it! Jen, I am soo with you, I HATE camping!! SOOO MUCH! Sorry, my heart goes with you... enjoy the family, it'll be over and you'll be out of the dirt and home, clean, in no time. :)
Post a Comment