8.16.2007

Been tagged...

7 Random things about Jen Layton:
(Thanks Jennifer Wa for the tag)
1. I love to clean. Like, really, really clean. My kitchen floor doesn't get mopped, or swiffered, it gets elbow grease. On the floor and scrubbing is my style of clean. I especially love laundry. Its a treat.
2. I love to garden. I think pulling weeds, planting things and seeing a garden grow is fantastic. If only I could figure out how to keep things alive. That is the trick. Guess what!?! THIS is still growing, and thriving I might add...
3. I despise the public lives of celebrities. I can't stand seeing all the magazines on the racks, and the drama that is associated. I honestly think my husband knows more about the celebrity buzz than I do, and he doesn't like it either. At all. I also don't like that our school teachers, police officers and fire men (among so many other professions) are extremely underpaid, while these 18 and 19 year old teeny boppers are driving luxury cars, living in mansions and pawning their babies off on nannies. Novella.
4. My favorite color is not pink or purple or anything of that nature. It is Tiffany blue. Yes, Tiffany blue. My wedding colors were Tiffany blue and dark Brown. Scrumptious. Someday I want a wall in a room in my house (preferably my home office) to be tiffany blue. Oh, I can see it now.
5. I love to drive, and I like to drive fast. Really fast. I think it was one of the reasons my Husband wanted to marry me. I beat him on a freeway drive, once. Only once.
6. I don't really like chocolate all that much. I would rather have a cake made out of Sour Patch Kids than chocolate. For real.
7. Okay, I've already done this before, so click on over HERE if you want to see the old stuff...

And I tag: Karlie Burnham (welcome to blogging), Gwen Evans (my Gwennifer)

5 comments:

Kylie said...

I met your totally cute good friend/now cousin at a baby shower tonight (Kaylani). It was so funny when I told her who I was she remembered my name from your friends links! Small world!! I love your random things...I'm with you girl--totally heart tiffany blue!!! (And I don't even own a mop, because I scrub on my hands and knees too)!

Jennifer said...

You did it TWICE! Good work. (Sorry, I didn't remember.)

And Jen We, as if you called me JENNIFER Wa! I am Jen Wa, you are Jen We. That's how it is. You are certainly allowed to called to me Jen.

Now then, I would like to comment on your cleaning addiction. As if! Please come and clean my house. Please. I absolutely despise laundry, and funny enough, just yesterday, Mike said, "Our floor is looking pretty gross." and I said, "I know, but we're out of swiffer refills!" Ha. The thought wouldn't ever even occur to me to get down and scrub the thing...

Chellie said...

Super cool... I did one of these before, funny thing we said a couple of the same things! Like... I love to clean and do clean my tile on my hands and knees and we have a TON of tile. AND brown is my favorite color, AND I hate chocolate. I'll eat it occasionally if I have to, but it has to be a plain piece of chocolate, I despise chocolates, chocolate cake, pudding, milk, etc...

I love getting to know you!

Anonymous said...

dearest cute Jen! how i love seeing your darling family... thanks for the note on our blog! i am now stalking you, as jen wa informed me she is to me... and how i love your answers about all the ins and outs of your life. tell your family hello for me please - and here's a shout out to you and sister missionaries anywhere- especially in New York State! i loved serving at the same time as you and knowing on a certain day in a random month, you saw millions of people on the street and i tracted a country road with 15 houses. :) it is SUCH a MARVELOUS work to be a part of! thank you for being a wonderful missionary and a marvelous example! i love you!

Caralee said...

So fun Jen! Thanks for sharing. K- so I don't like chocolate that much either. I would so much rather have a cookie or some icecream- yum!