Mixer Novella...
I have a dilemma.I am trying my best to be 'domestic' and 'wife-ee' (whatever that is worth) but I am continually being hindered by Hand Mixers that are not reliable, and give up on me when the going gets tough. Two so far have told me that I over work them and don't pay them enough. One even had the bread hook attached while he gave up. What a wimp, minus one accessory, and he still can't cut it.
Any suggestions for a champion Mixer besides something I have to pay
$400 dollars for?
(uh, hmm... Bosch)
My husband and my future children will thank you,
as I am about to turn in the dish towel.
6 comments:
Wish I could help. I dream of the day a Kitchenaid magically appears on my counter. So far no luck and I make do with my wimpy hand mixer. Most days my own biceps do a better job.
Sorry, the only advice I can give is in honor of the Bosch. We got ours for Christmas last year and it is soooo amazing, and I really think it is worth the money. Especially if you think about how much money you have to keep spending on cheap ones that break.
I can liken this topic to the CHI flat iron. I always knew I wanted a CHI, but I just couldn't justify paying $100 for a flat iron. Then I realized that I have probably paid twice that with all the lame flat irons I have purchased and then had to throw away when they became useless a month later.
So you see, the Bosch is really the only way to go. (Ok, ok, ours was a gift... I'm not sure if I really would have gone out and paid $400...)
I've heard Kitchen Aid's are nice too. They are cuter than the Bosch, anyway.
This is a long comment. Should I keep going?
Ok, I will. How about this. I will give you our Bosch, with the promise that you will send me one loaf of bread a week. hee hee hee
I think that's a fabulous idea.
Jen, I say kitchen aide. They come in about 4 hundred and 12 colors and last foRevEr!
First of all I think the Bosch is WORTH EVERY PENNY. Your husband and future children and Alex will thank you! It is worth the investment.
With that being said, I also have NEVER had a problem with the kitchaid and that is about half the price (give or take depending on what model you buy) and it also comes in a lot of colors, from pink to stainless steel and everything in between.
They are both good and will last FOREVER... just depends how much DH is willing to throw down on one small kitchen appliance at one time !!!! :)
Go with Bosch. It's worth the money. My mom has had hers for about a hundred years (ok only about 10) and it still runs like a champ. And she whips up huge batchs of bread in the sucker. It's totally worth the money. I have one but I don't really have the time to cook right now. Someday it will be a lean, mean, dough fighting machine!
Bosch is the BEST, but kitchen aid is also great. Kitchen Aid also makes a great hand mixer. My mother in law has 3 Bosch mixers, and she has a kitchen aid hand mixer for the times she doesn't want to get the big machine out. I think they are around 40-50 bucks. I might get one myself. Jennifer is right though if you want the one that you can have forever.
Post a Comment