11.09.2007

Gratitude

Today I am feeling much gratitude to my Heavenly Father for simply
"lending me breath..."
Nine years ago tomorrow I was given the gift of life, once again. Nine years ago tomorrow I had surgery as a brand new eighteen year old to remove a mass out of my scull. Nine years ago my dad drove me the long way to Barrows. Nine years ago, because I was technically eighteen (it was my birthday) I signed my own medical paperwork, no longer a minor. Nine years ago, my parents bid their daughter a teary farewell, and the doctors sang Happy Birthday as I slowly slipped away from reality. Nine years ago tomorrow, I truly began to know the meaning of life.
Today I am grateful. Today my heart is full for my friend Jen Wa, and the journey her family will take. It's not easy Jen, but your dad is strong. Today I am grateful, and my heart is full because of another friend who successfully completed his chemotherapy treatments. Ammon and Betsy, I am so proud of you both. Today my heart is full because I am here, and Carlotta, Ricky and others I went through radiation and such are not.
I am just grateful today and always.

6 comments:

Gwen said...

Happy Birthday tomorrow! I love you and I'm sure glad you're still around.

Jenn said...

Happy b-day. I sure love you. One day our paths will cross. You are a beautiful person, my life ( and mission) is better because of you. Jenn

Jennifer said...

Thanks, Jen We. And congratulations on NINE years! And happy birthday, a day late. Hope you had a great day.

Kylie said...

I am grateful that you are here and healthy! Now we need to get together every once in a while!! Ü

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the reminder to be more grateful. I needed that. Thanks Jen, you are such a wonderful example to me!
Love you!

Pace & Gwen said...

My word, that was powerful. You DO put your heart on your blog, and it's really great to read. :) Thanks for sharing, Jen!