12.27.2007

Father's and Sons

So, I know you are all dying to know how Alex reacted to the baby news... it was really cute. He looked at the bib, and then looked back at us, and then looked at the bib and then just said "Ohhhh, I get it!" I have a picture of him, I will have to upload it when I get my camera back from the boys. We took him to the ultrasound the morning after and he was a bit worried until he started to see the baby move. The Dr. was so great at explaining all the details. Stubborn little baby... it wouldn't turn around so that we could see the face, or possible other 'parts'. We have a perfect picture of a healthy size bum (must be the Layton side, sure isn't West!) Everything is healthy, and Alex is one happy, proud older brother. We are excited that he will be here when the baby is born. No gender news yet, but the 'big' ultrasound appointment is towards the end of January, so you will just have to wait until then. Both Alex and Emery think it is a girl. We'll see!

In other news, Alex got a snowboarding trip with his dad as his Santa gift this year. They are up at Sunrise now. This is their official 2nd time to go, ever, and the last time was three years ago. We'll see how they do! I am sure they are having a blast. I am so grateful that Emery is such a good dad. Alex and any other babies we bring to this world will be very blessed to have such an attentive, loving and supportive dad in their lives.
There truly is nothing better.

We hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, and that you have a wonderful new year! I know I will be ringing it in with
great expectations, hope and so much to look forward too!

Love,
Emery, Jen, Alex and the bean

5 comments:

Kaylani said...

I am totally offended by your comment about Layton bums. I just don't see what's wrong with my hiney!

Linz said...

My bet is a girl as well! So exciting cant wait to hear more news on all of it!

Gwen said...

I know it's hard to think about right now, with the being sick and all, but I hope you guys bring lots of cute little babies into this world! You are a great mom! I'm glad that Alex's so excited!

Anonymous said...

the bean! haha, that makes me laugh. Love you Jen. SO much! Sounds like you had a fabulous Christmas and that Alex is having a FUN fun time with Dad. :)

Kylie said...

I love how you described Alex's reaction! So cute and funny!!