Remember When Tag...
Luckily, I did do a little scrapbooking.
10 years ago I was a Junior at Westwood High School. I had fantastic friends, and my social life was not lacking. I was stylishly driving 1998 four door Geo Metro in which I got my first ticket in March of 1998 driving to Crazy Sub. Blasted Van Police. I had just participated in Regionals for choir (See picture) and was working at Heaven's Yogurt (see picture). I also was apparently asking Jason Ray to Sadies dance, but unfortunatley do not remember how I asked him. Kudos to Jen Wa for the journal entry. Kim and I went to California to a swap meet where we found our t-shirts for Sadies. I think I got Jason and I 'Quicksilver' t-shirts. At least they wern't 'No-Fear'. I was probably blasting Aerosmith's 'I Don't Want To Miss a Thing' in the Geo, and a little Celine Dion 'My Heart Will Go On'. Titanic was all the rage, as was Leo. Life was simple and fun.
5 years ago:

I was serving a mission for my Church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, In New York City. March is beautiful in New York, and I am sure I was working my tail off. If my mission journal was not packed away, I could tell you the exact happennings, as I was a dilligent misson journal-er. I had just found out I was going to be an Aunt to the most beautiful little girl in the world. I still think she is (Happy Birthday soon Care-Bear!)
1 year ago:
When you don't have kids (quite yet) to set milestones, 1 year can be a blur. We were toying with the idea to move to Williamsburg, VA for engineering opportunities. Oh, we filled out our brackets for March Maddness. I won... for the 3rd time in a row. My best friend gave birth to her Miracle baby, Olivia. Happy Birthday on Wednesday Olivia! I love you!
I went to church with my dad in Lakeside, Arizona. The speakers were great. The topic was the Restoration of the Gospel. I helped my Nana and Papa, as my papa has been ill in the hospital. I spent time at my parents cabin, and remembered why I love the mountains. I drove home from the mountains (in just about 3 hours) listening to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, and then sinned a bit by indulging 'Chicago' for a while. Come on, a solo road trip, and you don't get to jam out to 'Chicago'. Whatever. I got home, kissed my sweet husband who had made dinner, and was so glad to see me (As he puts it, he doesnt' eat as well when I am gone). We watched a little Extreme Home Makeover, and enjoyed the evening before another long work week.
Whoever is up for this tag (I am literally drained at this point, that was a lot of remembering!)You are tagged.
4 comments:
Ha. I love it. Seeing the picture of you in the yogurt shop brought a tear to my little eye. Oh the hours spent in that little hell-hole. hee hee
Hell-hole! You rebel you. How fun. Yes, but we did love them pretzels and cheese...
Welcome Back! I missed you! I hope all is well in your neck of the woods.
That was such a fun trip to the beach. It made me think of the picture of you, my sister Erin, and me in front of the in and out by the palm tree. Good times. Also, I always enjoyed driving around in that Geo Metro. Good old Jen We.
Post a Comment