6.16.2008

Stephen Maxwell is here!

Well as you know we have been awaiting the arrival of Max...and
he is now here!



Max was born on June 16th at 12:03 pm. Jen was rushed to the L&D OR at about 12:47 after Max's heart beat fall quickly from 120's to the 70's for the third time in about 30 minutes. Although everything was a bit hetic for a few minutes we saw the hand of the Lord in guiding our caregivers and everything ended up well. It seems he had an abnormally short umbilical cord.



Max measures at 7lbs and 6.5 oz and is 20 inches long. His head is 14 inches and his chest was 13.5 inches and his feet and fingers are quite long. He has brown hair like his Dad and his eyes are the typical deep blue. He spent the first 6 hours of his life very awake looking around to observe his new world. He has also been eating well and as I burp him he would lift his head off my shoulder and try and look around.




Now for what all are awaiting...Pictures!














We are greatful for each and everyone of you that have helped us in your prayers, service and shared your love with your generous gifts to us. We have been very blessed.

25 comments:

Vicki said...

He is BEAUTIFUL!!!
We hope Jen recovers quickly; sounds like a pretty rough go. We are so happy that mother and baby are safe and well (although, understandably, worn down to the nubs).
But what and incredible boy!! Can't wait to snuggle him! As Daryle would say, "He's a keeper!"
Much love, Grandma Vicki

Jaren said...

Congrats!! We are so excited to come and see Max next month!

Keri said...

Congratulations Jen, he's beautiful! Now, good luck getting any sleep!

Anonymous said...

oh!!!!!!!!!
Hug Kiss hug kiss kiss kiss kiss for the baby! And a big hug for Jen too!

He is PERFECT!
CAN'T WAIT to meet him.
I love him already!

The Burnhams said...

Oh Jen...He's here he's here!!! He is absolutely gorgeous and so precious. I can't wait to meet him! Call me if you need ANYTHING and I'll be there. Love you guys!! Get lots of sleep (yeah right).
Love, Karlie

Layton Mom said...

He is so handsome! Congratulations you guys. We love you and can't wait to see you.

Gwen said...

He is so beautiful! How is mom doing???

Crystal and Rosario said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful!

Bethany said...

That is absolutely wonderful! Seriously, best news in a long time. And Jen seriously gets a major award for squeezing those cheeks out of her! We love you all!

Lindy said...

yay! congrats i am so happy for you guys!!

Grandma T. said...

What a darling baby - and such a happy dad. Congratulations! -Janet Thornton

Catherina said...

CONGRATULATIONS! What a beautiful baby boy! I hope that you are doing well and that your recovery will be a fast one. I am so happy for you both. I remember when we were in L.I. on a snowy night, sitting in our Ford Taurus...talking about our futures, And the babies we would one day have. :-) Life is so much richer now that they are here:-) May the Lord bless your new little one and your cute family.

Love YOU!
Cat

Sister Tara Bowen said...

Horray! Jen, I'm so proud of you and Max is very handsome! Why can't delivery ever go smoothly? I'm glad you're recovering well and the fun is just beginning!!!!!!!!

Melanie said...

Congratulations! He is so handsome!

Cody, Ashley, Rilyn, Casen, Brigg, and Brooks said...

Wow!! Congrats!! Hes so cute!!

Kage said...

Oh he's beautiful. I wish I could hold him. Congratulations.

Jennifer said...

Yaaaaay! Congratulations!!

Beth said...

He is perfect! Congrats to you guys!

Robin said...

he is really cute Jen! Congratulations!

Kylie said...

YEA! I am glad he is here and healthy and everything went well! He is ADORABLE! What a great Father's Day present for Emery Ü

IronLawGirl said...

Oh wow! He is just so precious! I'm glad that thing turned out well with the delivery. Jen, you're amazing!

Bella Beginnings said...

Congratulations! Now the fun begins. My favorite is just laying in bed watching my baby sleep. Enjoy he will be running around soon!

Tara said...

Oh my goodness he is seriously one of the cutest babies I've ever seen! I guess it figures his mom is a cutie herself. Good luck recovering you'll be in my prayers.

Spencer Alldredge said...

Congrats Jen!

Glad things went well. Kind of scary for a bit. I'd be freaking out! Our little Jackson was born with an extra long cord that wrapped around his neck three times and it had a true knot in it. Glad everything is OK. I love the name Max.

Spencer and Caralee

Amber said...

Congratulations you guys!!!!
He is absolutely adorable. I'm jealous, I still two more months :(