3.31.2009

The Amazing Adventure Part 2...

Long story short...
Emery was notified by a client that he needed to be at their office in Congress Arizona on Friday, when he was already on his way to Pinetop Arizona to be with us on Wednesday. Our original plan was to stay in Pinetop until Saturday morning, and then drive to Flagstaff to get our taxes done. As is with life though, you have to roll with the punches, and our clients in Congress are the BEST! Mom (Grammy) was so great to offer to Drive Max and I to Flagstaff so we wouldn't have to make the 10hr plus round trip drive with Dad (Emery) to the Valley, to Congress and to Flagstaff. Little did we know the adventure we would have!!! Smack dab in the middle of the I40 between the only two exits that St. Joseph Arizona has, we start to hear a really loud roaring and tearing noise - I was SURE the Tahoe's roof rack was coming off, so I looked out the back of the car, only to see a tire (no rim, just tire) rolling down the highway and into the grassy median area. Mom (grammy) calmly pulled off the road and this is what ensued...
(the said offender)

(Grammy and Max) Not only were we all safe (the only tragedy {not in the slightest} is Max woke up from his nap, after 5 minutes of napping and didn't go back to sleep!) Thanks mom for being wonderful, calm, beautiful, and for having AAA. Max and I love you, and are grateful that you listened to the spirit when you felt inspired to go with us to Flagstaff!!!

I know that we were being watched over!

3 comments:

Gwen said...

That is an impressive picture. CRAZY!

My Independence Day said...

Holy moly, I love how no one tells me ANYTHING anymore.

jessica said...

your mom is a saint.. i always remember her keeping her cool and being soooo nice when i would come play.. i give her major props love her memories :)