For all those who have worried about Russell:
Dearest Parents and Family of the Missionaries of the Cuernavaca Mexico Mission,
Please excuse the lack of a more personal letter, however, I have concluded to write one letter to all the families of the missionaries:
Greetings from the Cuernavaca Mission. In as much as there have been a lot of news reports and coverage about the flu epidemic in Mexico, I thought it would be wise to write a letter to you to let you know what is happening from our point of view. First and foremost is that we have not been included in the high alert areas of concern. However, The President of Mexico has asked that all public meetings in all of Mexico be canceled until May 5th. Therefore all public Sunday meetings have been cancelled for this next Sunday. However, in accordance with the bulletin from the Mexico Area Presidency, missionaries in the Cuernavaca Mission are continuing in the missionary work of the Lord. But for the time being, I have instructed them to take additional precautions, for example, they are to avoid large gatherings of people and congested areas, they are to refrain from shaking hands and giving hugs, they are to wash their hands with soap more frequently, and, if so desired, they are to use face masks. I am monitoring the health conditions of each missionary very closely. We are fortunate in that so far none of our missionaries have experienced the symptoms associated with the influenza.
Its an honor to work with your sons.
We love each of them, and we thank you for your continued prayers and support.
President Gardner
***As you can see, there have only been a few outbreaks within the missionaries - unfortunately Russell took the hit - what a courageous trainer and missionary he is.***
Love you Russ.

2 comments:
Poor Russ - I pray for a quick recovery! (That's so funny! lol)
OH my goodness. guess who this is. YOu know me! You trained me. You thought you lost touch with me... but, no!! I'm back... Montoya, Linda May Montoya Tolbert no kids just married Tolbert.
Love you miss you. L
ets be blog friends at least.
Post a Comment