5.21.2009

A stand up fellow...

See this guy, right here, above?

We kind of like him.
Today he turns 30, again... and to celebrate we are going to give him a few of the favorite
reasons why we like him so much. Here goes:

1. Because you may or may not have gone shirtless while digging up the backyard as to act as my 'Yard Boy' without even knowing it.

2. Because you went to Father's and Sons without a son in tow, because it was the right thing to do. Plus, a 11 month old camping is just pure torture, I am sure.

3. You taught our son how to make fast car noises, and it's the cutest thing ever...

4. You had a hand in creating out children, the best gift you have ever given me

5. You entertain my cravings and needs whilst pregnant, like when I needed Kung Pow Chicken the other night from Panda Express. 'Yo wan sum chinee fuud'?

6. You dragged us (okay, not dragged) to the Wal-Mart grand opening in Maricopa, and we had a great time standing next to the band nerds. Oh wait, weren't you in the band?

7. We went to Wal-Mart a total of 3 times the day it opened. 3 times.

8. You are so kind to me, and don't expect dinner at a designated time. Sometimes you realize that it has been a FFYS (fend for your self) day, and you just do your own thing.

9. You are so kind to not compare my cooking to your own mothers who cooked everything from scratch and had it on the table at 5:30... cloth napkins and tablecloth included I am sure!

10. You inspire me to be a good mom, and a good wife. You are always quick to ensure me I am doing a good job, and that life would be hard without me in it!

11. You are truly dedicated to the Lord, and are a wonderful addition to the Elders Quarum Presidency. You have a great love for people, and inspiring people to come closer to Christ by repenting, and moving on.

12. You have been my best friend for 5 years now (that's a LONG time!)

13. Every year that passses seems to get better and better, and I am sure that is mostly because of your desire to build your own life, and your own outcome.

14. You are kind to most everyone you meet, unless they mess with someone you love, and then WATCH OUT! : )

15. You are a great brother to your siblings, and have a lot of empathy for those who are struggling, and you have spent countless hours building them up.

16. You are an excellent business owner. I am so proud of you for being successful, and allowing the Lord to guide you in your quest to provide for your family.
17. You have the most loving nature as a father, and you have the most amazing ability to make your children feel as if they are the most important thing in the world to you.
18. You are a handsome little devil.
19. You tell me I am beautiful, often, that is something most men don't continue doing long after marriage begins (from what I hear). Hint hint all you men, tell your wives they are beautiful - even with baby spit up down their shirt.
20. I just love you - we love you.
Happy thirty-something Birthday Darling.

1 comment:

Layton Mom said...

I know I am a day late but give him a big ol' birthday love for us! Life here is totally crazy and despite the fact that it is on the calendar I totally spaced the big day. #9 totally happened. She got a lot more laid back about dinner after they moved to Boise but, I am the beneficiary of a few matching tablecloth and napkin sets. :)