It's raining, it's pouring and AZ people can't drive in it!
(You'd think it was SNOWING!!!)
I read in the news today that this is the 3rd largest monsoon rainfall (2.48 inches) in a decade. It's so good, because we need the water so much. This morning though, I think the rain had it out for me. I was literally walking out the door at 8:15 am and the doorbell RANG. It was Chris, our new neighbor who is 16. He and his mom are new converts, and just moved around the corner from us. He was standing there, in the pouring rain and asked if he could borrow an umbrella to walk to school. "OF COURSE NOT! let me drive you..." was my answer, (I think the "of course not" part kind of threw him off) so there I was driving to Westwood, and I think we almost died nine times. One kid just decided to skip the stop sign in full, until halfway through the intersection when he slammed on his brakes, and skidded to a semi stop on the sidewalk, another couldn't quite get her car to obey, and she had to swerve to miss the person in front of me, and all of this was because of the AZ drizzle (compared to the south, and the east where Emery and I have lived for so long). So, bless the rain, and bless the Arizona drivers in it, that they may never have to brave driving in snow storms, black ice, torrential downpours, hurricane's and tornados, because they are sure to die.
No comments:
Post a Comment