10.16.2006

Perma Soft Sugar Cookies

I have the BEST recepie for sugar cookies!
They are soft, and actually STAY soft!
Emery and I just made a bunch for family and friends for Halloween.
Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE Halloween? Well, I do.

1 cup sour cream
2 cups sugar
1 cup shortening
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla

6 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt

Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, & salt. Set aside. Cream together sour cream, sugar, shortening, eggs, & vanilla.

(Hint: if you have the eggs at room temperature and then beat them for 3-5 minutes before adding the other ingredients, the cookies will come out really light & flufy).

Slowly add the flour mixture until well blended. Chill for at least 15 minutes. Pre heat oven to 350° F. Roll out the dough to about 1/4 inch thickness, or a little thicker (I like it thicker). Cut out your cookie shapes. Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 8 to 10 minutes ~ but do not let them bake any longer than 10 minutes! (check that the tops are just SLIGHTLY golden...)

Let them rest on the baking sheet for 1-2 minutes before moving them to a wire rack.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love sugar cookies, can i just order and get them in the mail? lol. you guys are great, please, please, please drop us a line, your nephew is a huge chuck of a kid and id like to send you photos.

So, send me email crtr_layton@yahoo.com, call me at work after 5PM 208-658-4832, or something