1.31.2007

Off he goes...

I didn't think that I would be as emotional about Sterling leaving on his mission as I am. What a valiant young man Argentina will have for two years. He is so prepared.
Today he enters the MTC in Provo. Right now he is probably getting his tags, and mom is helping him put them on. He is probably also being introduced to the infamous

DORK DOT

I think one of the reasons I am constantly needing Kleenex is because I feel
so blessed to have been able to serve.
Missionary work is my greatest passion.
Sterling will do so well. I hope that he is able to:
*Proclaim the gospel standing on top of a trashcan
speaking to a whole group of people.
*Challenge someone to stop smoking and drinking, and watch the miracle of the power of prayer and repentance.
*Baptize someone, and see the light enter their eyes
*Have someone who seemingly has 'no chance' enter the waters of baptism,
and eventually the temple.
*Work so hard that he falls asleep on the ground kneeling as he says his prayers
*Sacrifice his Preparation days to serve the people of his branch,
and to study the gospel
*Smile so big it seems life can't get any better
*Learn Spanish and become able to speak to anyone, and bear pure
testimony in Spanish
*Make eternal friends because of his time spent representing his Savior, Jesus Christ.
These things I hope because they have been my own wonderful blessing.

Good luck little brother. Shout it from the rooftops.

4 comments:

IronLawGirl said...

SOOOOOOO good to hear from you Jen!!! And your blog is adorable! You are seriously a professional blogger! I hope all is going well and I love you! Kristin (Curleyhair) McPhie

Jennifer said...

My reasons for commenting are two-fold:
1- Is it really possible that Sterling is that OLD??? Wowee.
2- Were you Spanish-speaking on your mission? I had no idea!

Layton Clan said...

1- yes sweet Jen, Sterling is that old. Russell is in Student Counsel at WW and is a SENIOR!!! He got accepted to BYU, and will be gone in the fall. They are all growing up.
2- Yes, yes I was spanish speaking. I actually got called English, but a few months into my mission, I trained a sister from Bolivia who spoke no english, and the mission president put me as her english spanish companion, and then I worked both the rest of my mission. It was so great. I got to go to A LOT of church. (English, and spanish)

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Hi, I'm Lauren! I went to school with Sterling and graduated with him...he was so funny! Russell is one of the funniest people I know too!! I'm glad to hear they are doing good