Akward
Conversation from last night while cruising Wal-Mart looking for Ant killing mechanisms
The Phone Rings:
Jen: Hello!
President L (Stake President): Hello, is this Jen?
Jen: Yes, President how are you?
President L: Great, how are you?
Jen: Wonderful.
President L: I have something I need you and Emery to help me with.
Have you heard of Teen Elect?
Jen: Yes, I just learned of it. My beehives are excited.
President L: Well, I need you and Emery to teach one of our courses.
Jen: Okay, which one?
President L: Well. It's the most challenging for sure.
Jen: Okay...
(as he says this, I am envisioning myself wearing a ball gown,
and dancing the Fox Trot. This is challenging to me, and probably
would have been the first time I ever turned down a calling)
President L: The topic is Appropriate Touching.
SILENCE.
Jen: Oh, piece of cake. We'll just show them what NOT to do!
President L: Laughter
Jen: We'll handle it.
And handle it we will.
Any suggestions?
Object lessons are pretty much out.

2 comments:
Oh boy, am I glad that I am not in your shoes! I'll have to think about this one for awhile and see if I can come up with any help for you.
Oh my gosh. I think I would just hand out lots of candy and keep their mouths full.
Post a Comment