Salad enthusiast's eat your heart out...
I love more than anything,
it is a good salad.
A few to note are as follows:
Cracker's Spinach Apple Salad
Schlotzky's Cesar Salad
The Fish House's Bleu Cheese Pear Salad
Red Robin's Buffalo Chicken Salad
Applebee's Chicken Oriental Salad
Mom West's Sunday Salad with all the Fixin's...
One of my favorites with a new sinful dressing is the Spinach Pecan with Mandarin oranges and grilled chicken. I used to use poppy seed as the dressing, but have found a new love.
Maple Syrup Dressing (it may sound odd, but it is fantastic and a half)
3/4 cup genuine Vermont maple syrup
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup rice vinegar
1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
This salad dressing requires that you use a top-quality grade of maple syrup. If you use an inferior grade, you'll end up with a thin dressing that doesn't cling to your greens. (and what would we do if the dressing didn't cling to our greens)
Basically, this means don't buy the cheap stuff.
In a blender or food processor, combine maple syrup, salt, rice vinegar, olive oil, and ground mustard. Whirl 1 minute or until well mixed. Store, covered, in the refrigerator. Serve at room temperature.
Yields 2 cups.
Bon Appetit!

3 comments:
Oh....I couldnt agree more....nothing is better than an amazing salad! I miss all the yummy salads from AZ!
I too am a salad connoisseur (yes, I had to look up how to spell connoisseur), and am very excited to try this dressing! Thanks!
Tried it....and YUM!
Post a Comment