4.19.2007

All-State Choir

Congratulations are in order to Mr. Russell West, who has a voice like Josh Groban, who sings "We Three Kings" better than any base I have ever heard at Westwood High School, who has Jeff Harris wrapped around his little finger becuase he is so talented, who can woo any woman with his soft enchanting voice (not that you should be doing that) and who will be singing in the All-State Choir this Saturday in Flagstaff, Arizona.
You are the wind beneath my wings (or something cheesy like that...)
Love you.

That being said, singing leads me into my Thursday game:
"What's in my Buds..."
The clue: If I needed 40 cents to buy a soda,
and I already had a quarter and a dime, what coin would I need?

Today's lyrics are:
You got to leave me now, you got to go alone
You got to chase a dream, one that's all your own
Before it slips away
When you're flyin' high, take my heart along
I'll be the harmony to every lonely song
That you learn to play

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nickel creek! (I can't ever remember if that dang e is in the l or out of it....) My favorite!

when you're soarin through the air I'll be your solid ground.
Take every chance you dare, I will prepare to catch you when you fall, I'll catch you when you fall.

This group makes me want to run out and purchase a mandolin because it is so beautiful!

I like the song about the foxes. And the hands song, too!

Layton Mom said...

nickelback

Jennifer said...

Yaaaaaaaay Russell! That's awesome. (And I know you wrote this last week, but I forgot to respond.) Did you guys get to see him in Flagstaff?

Layton Clan said...

Oh yes, and it was fantastic.

"Encore, encore" I cried, but they just walked off the stage.