Father's Day Week 2007
While I was in the Missionary Training Center preparing to go on a mission for my church to New York City, I learned the most valuable lesson I have ever learned. The first topic of study in the MTC was "Our Heavenly Father". I had up to this point always prayed to my Heavenly Father, but I really didn't know Him as a father. As we studied the Father's mercy, love and divine plan I came to understand and love Him as my Father. I gained a testimony of His love, of His plan for me, and of the ultimate love He has for each of us as His children. I felt closest to Him while I served. I not only prayed to Him in my times of weakness and desperation but in my times of Joy and happiness. I would kneel and have conversations with Him more intense and plea full that I had ever conversed with anyone before. I have felt the peace of His love many times in my life. I am so grateful that I had that experience in the Missionary Training Center that helped me focus on my Heavenly Father as my Father, and not only the person I pray too. It has been an invaluable lesson, and I am so grateful for it.One of my favorite scriptures is Isaiah 64:8 in the Old Testament. It reads:
"But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand."
I hope that I always have enough faith to allow Him to mold me into the person
He sees me as.
4 comments:
Hey Sister West. How goes it? Love your blog, you're like the blogging expert! I could learn a lot from you? Ha ha, but then you always did go the extra mile in all you do! So when are we all gonna meet up? One of these days we're going to have to meet eachother's spouses! Let me know!
Jen you have such a cute blog. I definitely will be updateing mine asap. I just have to figure out how to make it cute! It sounds like you and your hubby and boy are doing well. We are having fun in Ohio for the summer but will be back to AZ in the fall. Hope you and your hubby have a happy Father's Day.
that was very well said. thanks for that!!
super cute. i love your blog too!
i really want a cute banner... i just don't know how to do it!
Jen,
Hey, I appreciate your testimony. I needed the reminder of a loving heavenly FATHER. You are an inspiration to me. Thanks for your friendship!
Meg :-)
Post a Comment