6.15.2007

Father's Day Week: My Grandpa

This is my Grandpa.
(and my adorable grandma)
Grandpa is one of my best friends.
He has loved me so much, and given me so much.
I was his first grand baby, and I think that gives me rights,
to be the favorite.
Grandpa and I share a love of the violin.
I wanted to play like him.
Grandpa can charm any child,
with his dimples and Donald Duck voice.
My favorite memory of Grandpa was recently,
when we slow danced to "Unforgettable"
at my wedding. I don't think I've loved him so much.
Things I have learned from my Grandpa:
*When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
*Always take "One for the road"
*Be faithful in all things, and the Lord will bless you.
*Be an active part in your children's life.
*Teach your children with love.
*Serve with all your heart, might, mind and strength.
Happy Father's Day Grandpa.
I love you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen! Your blog ideas are so great! I love it. AND, what fabulous grandpas you have! I don't have all too many memories of Grandpa Layton, but the ones I have are good. Grandpa Ramey passed away when Jaren was a baby, so consider your self blessed (I know you do...) to have your grandpas still! How fun!

Chellie said...

I am lucky to still have my grandpas too. I wish I lived closer to them so I could see them more often.

Such a sweet post! Sounds like you are truly blessed with a wonderful family.

Kylie said...

Jen I love your posts about your grandpas! What lucky men they are to be blessed with you as their granddaughter. And you are truly lucky to have both of them with you still in this life. Both of my grandpas and David's grandpas have passed away, but they left us with many wonderful memories and great examples!