1.18.2008

My goodness, I am turning into a Drama Queen...

Maybe it is because I am carrying my first baby (at least past 1st trimester), or maybe it is because I have become a hypochondriac since I got pregnant, but I am scared out of my mind that I am doing something wrong.

I am exercising.
I am eating really healthy.
No caffeine.
Taking pre-natals.
Praying, lots.
Not getting too stressed.

Come on mama's, relieve this poor girls apprehension and let her enjoy her pregnancy. Did you have apprehensions? Were your fears just new mom fears? What did you do to pass the time when you are thinking about all the 'what ifs' and 'am I readies'? What is the greatest thing you have learned about being a mom? I need tips.
Serious tips.

I good news, no... great news, I am not so sick these days.
Morning yes, rest of the day no.
In sad news, Matta's is closing (for all you Mesa-buffs)
They will reopen a new one at the Riverview Plaze, and keep the Matta's Too on Higley and University.
It just won't be the same.

10 comments:

Cody, Ashley, Rilyn, Casen, Brigg, and Brooks said...

I dont think theres really anything you can do to get over being anxious. It just happens. Enjoy being excited to be pregnant. Toward the end it got to be "is if over yet" for me. Don't worry though I'm sure you're doing everything right and that everything will be fine!

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

i'm sorry to tell you that it's normal and you're pretty much going to feel that way the rest of the pregnancy. i didn't worry as much with my second but felt that i should have when all was said and done. my dad just kept telling me that women have been having babies for a long time and done just fine.

so i could say try not to worry, but that is just how it is when you are pregnant. wonderful and frightening at the same time. i hope you can find the wonderful and hang on to it!

and ps. i just read your internal angst post and i almost cried. i hope that jerk gets what he deserves. good work for pressing charges!

i'm also so sad about matta's. :(

Melanie said...

I was constantly worried, and I don’t think that’s a 1st time Mom thing. I’m a little calmer with #2in the oven, but I still have concerns. It is a huge relief when you have consistent daily fetal movement. It was after C was born that I went crazy. I had a really hard time with the post partum blues, and even though he was a fabulous sleeper, I hardly slept at all for about 8 weeks. (If you want more info on that, I’ll email you my post-partum experiences.) My only advice is to ask really specific questions. Get all the information you can so that it's not a complete shocker when it's happening to you. Have a game plan in mind, but be prepared for that to completely change. Who knows, maybe if you get all of the "craziness" out now you'll be great when your little one is born! I think your 1st is by far the hardest, because you have no idea what to really expect. But I'll promise (along with every other Mom) that this is the greatest and most fulfilling experience you'll ever have. When you finally get to hold and see your beautiful baby, feel their sweet spirit… your heart just about bursts with love.

Kage said...

OF COURSE!!!!

Sweetheart...that's what ice cream was invented for....

Jennifer said...

So so so sad about Matta's. The one in Riverview won't be the same. The second I found out, I texted Amanda and told her to go get one last cheese crisp this weekend. :)

And I was tooooootally like that when I was pregnant with Gordon. I don't think I slept at all the whole last month of my pregnancy because I was so worried about what was to come... (well, that and I had an eight-pound baby kicking and squishing me...)

Gwen said...

Ah, don't worry. You'll be great. I rarely exercised, ate healthy, took pre-natals, always drank coke and did lots of worrying. In fact, every time Mark walked out the door I was super afraid he'd die so I'd pray, pray, pray until he got home. Crazy huh??? Just try to focus on all the stuff you have done to get ready and how great a mom you are going to be. You are the most loving, caring, patient, kind person I know. And you have a lot of life experience to help you along the way. And not to mention that testimony! You'll be great! I'm glad you're not so sick. 2nd trimester is the best. Love you!

Melinda said...

I wish I could help you there Jen, but I am probably the most paranoid pregnant girl there is! Good luck. I'm glad you're feeling better.

Caralee said...

Jen- you are doing your part and the Lord will bless you. I never felt prepared for Carlee to come and even when I was 45 pound bigger I wasn't counting the days for her to arrive. I never felt "ready." And now that baby #2 is 3 months away I don't feel ready for this one either. Somehow though Heavenly Father helps us through it and our abilities and talents grow along the way. I know you'll do great! Oh- I was going to recommend an official Lamaze class. Even if you plan on having an epidural it teaches great techniques for working through pain.

Caralee said...

Jen- you are doing your part and the Lord will bless you. I never felt prepared for Carlee to come and even when I was 45 pound bigger I wasn't counting the days for her to arrive. I never felt "ready." And now that baby #2 is 3 months away I don't feel ready for this one either. Somehow though Heavenly Father helps us through it and our abilities and talents grow along the way. I know you'll do great! Oh- I was going to recommend an official Lamaze class. Even if you plan on having an epidural it teaches great techniques for working through pain.

Linz said...

Oh I stressed and stressed and had paranoid freak-outs all the time! You are NOT alone Jen...welcome to pregnancy!! My best advice is to STOP reading all the million baby books! I found out that the more I read the more I flipped out! The truth is you will know exactly what that baby needs and sometimes you wont! Its all a learning experience and you just take everything in stride. One of the best things I was told was to stop stressing about things that arent important and yes somedays your house will be a wreck but let it go!! Sometimes you do have to let things go! You're going to be so amazing at this Jen....dont you worry your pretty little head!