The real, true perma-soft sugar cookie...
Are you ready for this? I have found it.
The real, true perma-soft sugar cookie recipe.
Soft, buttery, frosting light as air, and truly a treat if I may say so myself.
Oh, the best thing is... I am sharing it with you. Because I love you.
Cookie
1 cup sugar
1 cup butter-softened
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 /2 tsp baking soda
4 tsp baking powder
4 tsp baking powder
4 cups flour
Combine first 3 ingredients together, then add others one at a time. Mix well.
Roll out on floured pastry mat to desired thickness (thick is the best!)
cut into shapes and bake 12 min at 350.
Sugar Cookie Frosting
1/2 cup shortening (I used butter shortening)
1/2 cup butter - softened
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tb milk
4 cups powdered sugar
food coloring
1/2 cup shortening (I used butter shortening)
1/2 cup butter - softened
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tb milk
4 cups powdered sugar
food coloring
Now, go make some cookies. We frosted them last night with my nephew and niece,
and they had a blast.
Happy Valentines Day to all!!!
A story by Braeden:
When I go to Aunt Jen's to make cookies I smile a lot...
I eat a spoonful of Red Hot Candies and promptly spit them out declaring they are
'Iscusting'
And then gulp down a fresh glass of ice cold milk from Alex's beloved QT cup...
Happy Valentines Day Grandpa and Grammy!
6 comments:
Ready for it and excited about it! YUM!
Have a happy v-day Jen!!!
yum! I can't wait! you're the coolest to share it with me. too bad it's not in my diet, but who cares today, right?
Oh he is so cute!!!
That little dude is so cute!
Is it the same recipe you gave last year?
thanks for the recipe! i can't wait to use it!
braden is such a little stud!
if you add 1/2 to a cup of sour cream the cookies will stay super soft for a couple of days on the counter uncovered. It makes the dough so workable! They sure look yummy!
Post a Comment