Life, not death and Taxes
Have any of you ever done taxes for a living? I have.
Believe me, it's not glamorous.
Ever since I was 18 or 19 I have done my own taxes. 1040 ez you know. No assets, no kids, no major donations of gifts, just me and my W2. It has been years since I have done a business tax return, which is why this year as a married woman with a sole proprietorship husband/business, we had someone do them. Not just anyone though. It was my uncle Kevin. He sure looks a lot like this guy, which he should, they are brothers you know.
I wanted to do the Tyson Chicken Strips commercial when he finished our taxes.
I wanted to stand up on the chair and state:
"To Uncle Kevin - Thank you for doing our taxes and taking that burden off my shoulders.
Thank you for finding every possible exemption that we could use to reduce what we owe to the IRS, and Thank you for telling us what we needed to know to make smart business decisions that will result in smart financial decisions for our future.
Just thank you."
Believe me, it's not glamorous.
Ever since I was 18 or 19 I have done my own taxes. 1040 ez you know. No assets, no kids, no major donations of gifts, just me and my W2. It has been years since I have done a business tax return, which is why this year as a married woman with a sole proprietorship husband/business, we had someone do them. Not just anyone though. It was my uncle Kevin. He sure looks a lot like this guy, which he should, they are brothers you know.
I wanted to do the Tyson Chicken Strips commercial when he finished our taxes.
I wanted to stand up on the chair and state:
"To Uncle Kevin - Thank you for doing our taxes and taking that burden off my shoulders.
Thank you for finding every possible exemption that we could use to reduce what we owe to the IRS, and Thank you for telling us what we needed to know to make smart business decisions that will result in smart financial decisions for our future.
Just thank you."
We were smart and witheld 30% of all the husbands business earnings.
We did keep all our records and are on the track to business success - hopefully.
We did listen to 'Seven Habits for Highly Effective People' all the way home
from beautiful Flagstaff.
We are happy.
Uncle Kevin is the bomb.
2 comments:
My tax class was my very favorite of my accounting classes thus far. I know I must be crazy. Someday when I finish school that is what I would like to do. I am glad that you have someone to help you make wise business decisions.
Since I got married I haven't done my own taxes. We have some inheritance from his dad that we get when he dies, it is invested in several states. What a nightmare. Plus we are grad students and don't exactly have an income. I am SO grateful for our accountant. He is not only fair and quick but very freindly.
Post a Comment