Mothers Day 2008 - To my baby boy...
My sweet baby boy,
I thought I would take the opportunity to share with you the feelings I have already being your mother. You have not even been in my arms yet, but you are already so close to my heart. For almost eight months I cave cared for you, nourished you and given you a place to grow. As I think about this journey, I realize it is a simple test for how I will care for you when you are in my arms. How will I nourish you, how will I care for you, how will my home be for you to grow in. These are things I pray about daily and ask the Lord to bless me with the capacity to give you all the love I am able.
I feel a great debt of gratitude today as I ponder on my own mother, your grandma, and the things she taught me, and the way she has loved me. I have been so blessed to have my mom be my best friend. I am grateful that I could tell her anything, and that she made me feel that I was the most important thing in the world to her. I feel grateful that she has loved me despite my imperfections and mistakes. She has been my greatest blessing in my greatest times of need as she has taught me to stay close to the things of the spirit, and to allow the will of our Heavenly Father to take it's place in my life.
I am grateful for my grandma's. I have been blessed to live on this earth for almost 28 years with both of my grandmothers alive and well. I was born with all four of my great grandmothers being alive when I was born. I have been told of their love for me, and of their hope for my future. You will have three of your four great grandmothers alive when you enter this earth, and that is a beautiful thing. I hope we can have each of them hold you, snuggle you and give you a little of the love they have given me. Your grandma Lyn, your dad's mom, passed away from cancer almost 4 years ago. I know she would have loved you so much. She loved your older brother so much, and really loved your dad. I know she will be with us throughout this life, and that her spirit will always be a part of our lives. We will try to teach you about her, and share with you the things she would have wanted you to know.
I am grateful for your aunts, my sister and sisters-in law. They are wonderful women, some of my best friends. Your aunt Alyssa is my baby sister, but has already been a mother to two, and is doing a wonderful job. Your aunt Beth, Aunt Susan and Aunt Arin already love you so much, and are excited to have you in our family. You will have a huge support group of people who love you, and want you to succeed. This is our goal in life, is to love each other.
I will miss feeling you move inside of me, and the feeling of security that I have in knowing that you are within me, protected and under my constant watch. Life is so unpredictable, and sometimes hard. I hope that you know that you can always come to me, and that I will always love you. You are my most precious possession, and I feel grateful to be your mom. I look forward to seeing you in a few short weeks, to our precious late night 'talks' - and feeling your sweet life enter our home. We have waited for you for a long time, and are waiting patiently as we know you will bring so much joy to our lives. I can't wait to laugh and play with you, to cry with you, to share with you how long I have wanted and waited to be your mom. My heart is over flowing with gratitude for this opportunity.
I'll love you - I adore you - I want to teach you all that I know, and more.
Mother's day means so much more to me now that I have felt this kind of love.
I love you forever,
Momma
5 comments:
That was beautiful.
Jen, you are such a great momma...can't wait to meet him too:)
Oh Jen, that was so sweet. Thanks for sharing your heart with me.
so sweet, he's lucky to have you for a mama!
That was very touching, brought tears to my eyes in fact. I can't wait to meet the little fella (even if we have to wait until Aug.)and I know you will be an excellent momma!
Post a Comment