7.03.2008

Four Years...

Dear Mom Layton,

I have thought of you much the past few weeks as I have given birth to your 9th Grandchild and what you would have thought of his dark brown hair, rose bud lips and long toes. Your sweet son softly said to me one day 'I wish my mom was here...'. He remembered the times you came and adored Alex, and I think it made him long for you. He at times aches for an embrace from his mom, perhaps a kiss on the forehead to remind him of his boyish good looks and his lovable charm. He loves/loved you mom, despite years when you may have thought otherwise, and the many tears you may have cried.

So on this, the 4th year you have been gone from us I present to you two things:
1) Your newest Grand-son, Stephen Maxwell being held by...
2) your wonderful Son, Nathan Emery - fully embracing father-hood,
and it's many responsibilities.
We were on our way to scouts when we stopped and put flowers on your grave. Emery came back to the truck after some reflective time alone with you, put on his scout shirt and then went back for a few more seconds with you. As we pulled away I asked him why he put his scout shirt on to go back and talk to you.
He responded:
'My mom always loved a man in Uniform'.
So, all in all, thank you for giving me a wonderful husband, who has in turn given me the most precious beautiful gift I could have ever desired; my own beautiful son.

No comments: