Independence Day
We had a wonderful Fourth of July. Lot's of food, family and the coolest dad/uncle (namely Emery) in the world took 4 kids to the Diamondbacks game to watch a game and see fireworks after. Grandpa West (my grandpa) told us about the Fourth of July celebrations they would have in the 40's and 50's, with the whole community getting together for Barbeque's, Homemade Ice Cream, games, music and dancing, and then local fireworks. Sometimes I wish I could have lived in that time when life was just more... simple.
In the Tribune on the 4th the Deceleration of Independence was included.
I read it, and this jumped out at me:
"...that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness..."
I am so grateful for this country, and for the freedom that we do have.
I am grateful that it's freedom goes hand in hand with the faith that I have in our Creator, our Heavenly Father. We truly are so blessed.
To read the Deceleration of Independence, go HERE.
2 comments:
Cute Jen! Congrats on your darling little man! Such sweet things to share on your blog and in life - thanks for posting them. Enjoy these weeks when they are so little! They get so big so fast... but I know you and Emery will be wonderful parents and what an adventure awaits you. Love you girl~
ashley (jones) nelson
I love the picture with your mom and Max!
Post a Comment