10.04.2006

Happy 90th Birthday Grandma Layton!


Here are some fun facts about wonderful
Earline Cluff Layton:

*Grandma was the oldest of 10 Children. When her youngest sibling was born she was 18.

*Grandma went on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints when she was 21 to California. That was in 1936 to 1938. I she married Grandpa Layton in 1939.

*Cute Story: 'One day walking home from school my friends and I stopped at a small stream and watched the ‘Pollywogs’ play in the water. I got up my strength and I told my friends ‘that I know Joseph Smith is a prophet and I know the Book of Mormon is true because my Mother and Daddy tell me so.’

*Favorite TV shows: “One Mans Family” and “20 Mule Team Borax”
*Favorite Song: “I love you Truly”

*When Grandma got home from her mission, she wrote script and did bookwork for the local radio station. She also had a minute in the morning when she would give the weather report over the radio.
Asked to Grandma: "What would you want your family to know?"
1. That I love my family
2. I want them to be good members of the church
3. There are lots of opportunities to learn things in this world
4. Life is not easy. Chose the right, not the wrong and you’ll be happier if you do when is right.
Grandma has 3 sons, 1 son in law and 1 daughter and 4 daughters in law.
She has 30 grandkids and 16 grandkids in law
And almost a bazillion great grandkids

Happy 90th year of your wonderful life Grandma! We love you!
Emery, Jen and Alex Layton

No comments: